CBW-Chemie

English

 

1893
with the foundation of the electrochemical works Berlin Ltd., Walter Rathenau introduces the chemical industry to Bitterfeld

1895
the aniline colour industry (AGFA works) takes up production in Wolfen

1925
merger of German chemical companies to "IG Farben"

1936
the world´s first colour film is developed at the film factory Wolfen

1953
foundation of the state-owned
"Chemiekombinat Bitterfeld"

1990
after the German Unification foundation of the chemical corporation Chemie AG Bitterfeld

1997
privatisation of ChemiePark Bitterfeld-Wolfen

2001
acquisition of infra structure by the private company group Preiss-Daimler

A district with a past

Already for more than 100 years the region of Bitterfeld-Wolfen has been in an excellent position as an industrial and chemical site. Now we are located right in the middle of the new Europe and chemistry enjoys a high level of acceptance in the region.

click to enlarge

The Bitterfeld-Wolfen Chemical Park covers an area of 1,200 hectares. The site has been completely developed with an expanded plant road system, train connections, water and waste water, electric energy, natural and industrial gases and telecommunication.

More than 350 companies with a workforce of approx. 10,000 are already based here with local access to a full range of important raw materials.


CBW is located in the Chemical Park on a total area of 15 hectares.

You can reach CBW:    
Headquarters Area B West gate B1
Production Centre 2 Area B West gate B1
Production Centre 5 Area E gate E1/EN1

We are happy to provide more details upon request.